I'd have to say that my hometown in San Antonio, TX. For the longest I did not want to claim it because I had lived in Ohio, Massachusetts, and Alabama before that. I used to never know where to claim when people would ask me "where are you from?" First I would say Cleveland Ohio because that's where I was born, but then I realized, I don't know anything about the city besides the fact that I was born there. Then, I would start saying I was born in Ohio, but I'm from Massachusetts because that is the first place I actually have a few memories from...but not many. Then I would say I was born in Ohio, lived in Massachusetts for a little, but I'm from Alabama because I had lived there the longest out of any other state that the military has made us move to. Then after a long time of saying that complicated answer and realizing that Alabama is where I wanted to be from, not where I was from, once I moved from Texas, I started claiming it as the place I was truly from. I finally realized that there's a totally different meaning to that question actually. Where you are from is where you were raised, where you grew up, matured, and went through the experiences of life. It's the place that molded you and made you who you are today. I figured that that place could only be San Antonio because as much as I didn't want to be from there, I've made my best friends here, made life changing decisions here, went to elementary, middle, and high school here so I can't act like this place has not had an influence on my life. Here is a map of my current home, after moving around the city a little before.
View 10020 Calley Cir in a larger map
--Jasmine Kent
Thursday, April 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment