Heyyy what a coincidence! I think I love food just as much as you do! Surprising, I thought it wasn't possible ;). My favorite foods have always been the traditional Thanksgiving food--honey baked ham, stuffing, cranberry sauce, macaroni and cheese, and of course, collard greens. My favorite home cooked meal by my mom though is bacon wrapped steak with twice baked potatoes and collard greens. Steak has always been around, but I think wrapping it in bacon was a little twist we added ourselves! Collard greens originated in Africa and were brought over here by the trans-atlantic slave trade. They were a cheap, but abundant source of vitamin C, fiber, and other vitamins that contained anti-cancer characteristics.
Yet, I'd have to say that the twice baked potatoes were an invention of my mom. She would cut open the potato, scoop out all the potato from the skin, put it in a bowl and mix it with cheese, sour cream, bacon, and Season-All, cook it in the oven, then place it back in the skin to serve it. Mmm mmm mmm, I could never get enough!
Here is a video of a lady making twice baked potatoes, yet I think that the portions are not needed, we always eyeball the ingredients.
No comments:
Post a Comment