Sunday, March 7, 2010

Favorite Foods-Michael Cox

Hello fellow bloggers,

For this blog post today I decided that I'm sick of talking about stereotypes, racism, and all that jazz. Right now I want to talk about food. I love food. I always have loved food and I have a sneaking suspicion that I will always love food.

I want you to tell me what your favorite foods are and where they originated.

Personally my favorite foods were mostly my Mom's. She was an amazing cook! She was raised in the south and cooked like it. However there were quite a few things that she made that did not originate in the south. I think the two main meals that I remember the most fondly were her Enchilada's, and her Lasagna. There was something about the way she made those two meals that made your mouth come alive on a level that you either didn't know was possible, or were dying to experience as soon as you could convince her to make them again.

Thankfully she passed a lot of her knowledge and experience both at the stove and with the oven on to her children before she passed away three years ago.

There is a particular song that says more about a particular dessert that she made than I would ever try to put into words myself so instead of talking about it myself, I'll let you listen to the song. Right Here!



No comments:

Post a Comment